Energy Infrastructure Vulnerability Expertise
- Head of the Targeting Energy Infrastructure project at CSS / ETH Zurich; Developed the Energy Infrastructure Attack Database (EIAD), a comprehensive open-source dataset that systematically organizes information on reported attacks to energy infrastructure that have been carried out by non-state actors, 1980-2011 (Key collaborator: the Paul Scherrer Institute)
- In 2012, the United States Institute of Peace (USIP) supported data analysis of EIAD and 3 cases studies in Liberia, Colombia, and Nigeria - thus bringing an ethnographic and comparative quality to the Energy Infrastructure Vulnerability study.
- Interested in the topic? Check out the Tracking Energy Attacks Blog
- Jennifer is a member of the ASIS Petrochemical, Chemical & Extractive Industry Security Council and will support the Council’s work, particularly in helping to produce a guide on operating in remote and hazardous locations
Media & Recent Publications
- Per evolving security situation in Nigeria and kidnapping of Chibok girls see policy brief #NigeriaOnTheEdge and various media interviews (e.g. Tages Anzeiger)
- Published analysis for Security Europe (SecEUR) on NATO’s role in security of energy infrastructures; Co-authored news brief on In Amenas gas facility siege for USIP Olive Branch and broader trends in energy infrastructure targeting for Fletcher Forum; Interviews on the latest developments in Algeria with the Wall Street Journal and security situation in Nigeria with WPR (here) and Reuters (available here and here)